Sunday, October 15, 2006

What I've Been Up To

So this job has asked me to think long term. They want to start training me on my own account (there's another temp that has been there 3 weeks and they haven't given her one yet). So it felt nice to hear that they think I'm a good worker. Especially after working at Dietary for 6 years where I felt so unvalued and uninspired. The supervisor and I had a heart to heart and she was very frank with me which I appreciated. I told her, "To be honest with you, if I am going to think long term I'd like to know more about the company and what it offers it's employees." I made it clear to her that I didn't want to overstep my bounds since I still work for the staffing agency. I told her what my long term goals are (graphic design) and what I need $ wise. I also told her I was not happy sitting next to the girl she wanted me to sit next to and she let me sit at another desk. It still has it's problems, but at least I don't have to sit next the snotty slut.

Yesterday Hubby & I took the dogs to a park in Traveler's Rest (about a 30 minute drive). We just wanted to walk the nature trail and enjoy the woods. The nature trail was up a mountain and was very tricky terrain with tree roots every step of the way. My right calve has been sore today. We didn't know that there was going to be a fall festival going on at the park. But it was nice to hear the live bluegrass music while hiking at checking out the local vendors. Every kid wanted to pet our dogs which Abby was not happy about. Overall, it was a lot of fun though. Today I raked the front yard and edged around the stepping stones in our yard. The weekends go by too fast.

On the nature trail there was a small waterfall that was marked with a sign that read:


Pictures of the festival:




I have been trying, in my spare time, to enter icon challenges at Livejournal. Here's some icons I have made for them:
















My lineup is:
Monday: Prison Break, Heroes
Tuesday: House, Boston Legal (Gilmore Girls and Veronica Mars when House is a repeat)
Wednesday: Bones, Lost
Thursday: (this one is tricky because I have to tape a few)My Name Is Earl, The Office, Grey's Anatomy, Smallville, Supernatural (come January will add Scrubs)
Friday: Men In Trees (I LOVE this show. It's just FUN.)
Saturday:none
Sunday: maybe Cold Case but that's not a must-see

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?