Friday, July 21, 2006

Terminology & TV

Have you ever noticed that everyone calls the main city area "downtown"? What ever happened to "uptown"? That's always bugged me for some reason - although I'm just as guilty as everyone else.

I've told most of my friends but for those who I haven't told. You must get this cd:


Her songs are honest, eloquent and have simple but enduring melodies. I'm totally in love with it.

I've been sucked back into reality competition tv. Every summer I say I won't let it get me and then what do I do? This year I've been watching So You Think You Can Dance and it is SO much more entertaining than the singing competitions. The judges actually give REAL criticism on this not just - "you look so beautiful". They actually make comments based on techniques and movements. And the choreography is just wonderful. Plus, they don't drag out who's going to be eliminated.

I've also been watching Last Comic Standing. It's good for some chuckles.

It's been forever since I mentioned Rescue Me. It kicks TOTAL ASS! Denis Leary rocks. I REALLY hope he wins the Emmy, although I know he probably won't because the show isn't as popular as the main networks shows. That's too bad. It really is one of the best things out there.

Comments:
OMG!! Brandi Carlile's Thrown It All Away was the song on my myspace profile for like a month! I love her. I like the song Tragedy...She has a Cello version of it! Very nice!


Crystal...it's like one mind!
 
Tragedy was the first song I heard by her and I fell in love with it! My favorite now is Shadow On The Wall. I'm not sure if that one is on the cd. I'll send you an mp3 if you like.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?