Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Feeling Good and Feeling Reflective

My husband told me that I look sexy this morning. That's a rarity. I think I can count on one hand how many times he has complimented me. I don't think he does it intentionally - he just doesn't think like that. But it felt so good to be told especially when your ego needs it. (I think it's the new blue jeans). Now if he can only remember our anniversary on the 11th...

I'm feeling good right now about the direction of my life. I mean, it's going to be a bit tough - I've got to learn a new city, meet new people, etc... I have to learn to live in a MUCH smaller home than I'm used to and practically share my personal space with the house being a duplex. But I think if I keep myself intent on our long term goals - I should be okay. Selling our home in Irmo, and renting the other apt. of our duplex in Greenville - we'll be saving a lot of money. This way we'll able to get rid of our debt and move towards our ultimate goal - work for ourselves and build our dream home. I know we can do this. We just have to stay focused.

My sister hasn't spoken to me in almost 6 months. I don't know why. We didn't fight or anything. She's 18 and a freshman in college. She's had a rough couple of years. Our Dad dying, her mom and stepdad seperating, having to change schools, etc... So I wasn't surprised that she joined a sorority when she began college. I think she needs to feel involved/wanted in something. I believe these social obligations keep her busy. But in 6 months, she can't call me? And her college is only 30 minutes away. It really worries me. Is she harming herself by her lifestyle? Her mom, of course, won't tell me anything. I try to phone Nora (did just this morning). I leave her voice mails saying "Hey, I just want to know you're okay. I love you. Call me." and she never returns my calls. I don't know if she is avoiding me because of something I've done or if she is just having emotional issues of her own. Which even if she is - I would want to help her through them. I just HATE this not knowing. If I knew where on her college campus to go - I'd show up at her door. I'm so worried about her.

Comments:
I love this post, Crystal. I feel like I know you so much better just in one post.

I hope you reach your goals. I'm sure you will, because you've taken such a logical approach to it!

Hugs
 
oh, how awkward w/ the sister. :( my brother is the same way, in some respects, but i at least know where he works so i'll drop by when i'm in town. or he'll be guilted into letting me know how he's doing.

good luck w/ the debt destruction!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?