Monday, April 17, 2006

Checking In

Checked out my rental property yesterday.

The house is FILTHY inside but thank goodness there isn't any major damage to the house. I'll have to repaint everywhere and scrub the hell out of it. But that's better than giant holes in the wall or something.

The homeless people were still in our shed. They weren't elderly. They looked to be in their late 30's. The man told me that he was waiting on a friend to come back from a holiday trip so they could put the rest of their belongings in her shed. We told them that we've already given them about 5 days and that they could have until Wednesday but that after that we'll have to call the authorities. I told him the name of all the shelters and where they were if they wanted to go. My husband also mentioned to the man that the day labor place is only about a 25 minute walk from the house and he could go there to earn some money. I doubt they're going to do it.

The were watching tv in our shed. Apparently the tenants haven't turned the electricity off and they are running a cord from the utlity pole in the yard.

(reminder to self: yet another thing to do today: call electric company)

I hope you all had a happy easter! We had a great time with the family and watching the kiddies hunt eggs. They are SO cute!

Comments:
I'm too old to go hunting for eggs :(, too bad..
So, the easter bunny treated your kids well, right?
Coool ;)
 
I'm sorry, but homeless or not, you are very generous to give them ANY more time. I'da called the cops and had them out of there, TODAY!

they have NO intent of leaving, dear.

maybe I'm just bitter.
 
you had squatters what??
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?