Saturday, February 25, 2006

Saturday Afternoon Blahs

It's been gray and overcast here all day with just enough rain to keep you in your sweatpants and grumpy.
I've spent most of the day in bed being disturbed by the telephone ringing, the sound of the cars stopping at the stop sign outside and the neighbors dogs parking at, apparantley, nothing. Now, I'm up - the house is quiet and cold.
Have you ever noticed that when you open the door to let the dogs out they choose to stretch just over the threshold so you're either letting the hot air out or the cold air in? They also tend to stop right in front of you while you're walking so you have a nice little trip.
I love Readers's Digest. Does this make me 90? I think not! There are some pretty damn funny anecdotes in there! And I'm fond of the artwork on the back cover. The January issue featured a young girl dressing her dog up in a elfish costume prior to take him for a walk. My grandfather exclaimed when he looked at it that it looked just like me as a teen and that I of course love to put sweaters on my Abby. Of course, you'll just have to take my word for it because grandpa doesn't have a scanner and they don't publish these paintings on the web.
I just got off the phone with my Mom and she got quite pissed off at me. I said something about not waiting on my husband (as in getting his coffee, etc...) and she says something along the lines of, "Well I never thought I'd do that either but I dunno. It's different now." Well, I'm sorry that I don't have gooey feelings over their warm relationship because HELLO! I still haven't even met the guy and she's said probably, oh, all of two sentenaces abotu him to me. So I reply, "Well as long as he is doing some of the waiting on you and you're not doing all of it to him!" She immediately snapped at me "Just be happy for me!". I was quite for a moment and then tight lipped said, "Okay." We both then quickly got off the phone.
I inheritated that trait from my mother - the one in which EVERYONE can tell exactly how we feel at all times. It's extremely apparent in our voices and our faces. So we both now know that we pissed the other one off. I can see that she's going to be defensive if she feels that everyone is against this relationship. Yet, if she feels this is such a life changing romance I'd think she'd at least introduce him to her children. I guess not. I guess she wants a part of her life that is soley hers. And I suppose that's fine. I have parts of my life I don't share with others. For me, it all boils down to me worrying about her compromising her recovery. And getting her heart crunched into a million pieces. We seem really at odds lately though. Maybe I should just write all this down to her and not just my blog.

Comments:
I think writing her is a good idea. If you express concern for her in the "recovery" sense, I can't see her being mad at you.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?