Monday, July 25, 2005

Twat Offended?

So, I'm watching Rescue Me the other night (one of the most brilliant shows on television just in case you didn't know) and the female firefighter on the show is offended by being called a "stupid twat".

She's not the first female I've heard of that is offended by that word. However, I was thinking, "Big deal." This led me to thinking about all the words & names women find offensive, especially cunt. I just don't find them offensive. I mean, I certainly don't consider them appropriate words for polite conversation ("Can you please pass the salt, cunt. Why thank you very much."), but I don't gasp in horror when I hear the word used in male conversation nor derogatively. I guess I got over the "words hurting" thing.

So feel free world to call me a bitch, a twat, a cunt, a whore, a dildo, whatever suits you. I remain unaffected by your verbal slander.

Comments:
Great post.
 
I saw the same episode and I thought the same thing, but then I was thinking, what if my boss called me something along the same lines. But then again, I work in Retail, nobody's lives hang in the balance there. I think it' was interesting how they handled it in the later episodes too. BTW I love that show.
 
It's a sort of sticks and stones thing isn't it? It's only a word and I can ignore it with no problem at all LOL
 
Yeah, Rescue Me is just fantastic. I love Dennis Leary.

True Lost! I guess some people just never focus on not letting words hurt them.
 
Never saw the show but really, been called worse by my boss! Words don't bother me either, I might think a person uncouth, or even ignorant, but hey, to each their own.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?