Thursday, June 23, 2005

How To Spend Your Free Time

Do you ever question your own purpose? I've been thinking a lot lately about how I don't contribute to society. Should I be volunteering somewhere? Should I be finding my voice and attending public meetings in my community? I hate the development in my neighborhood - why don't I tell the town council this? I do donate money to a handful of charaties but that doesn't seem to be enough.

I admit it. I'm lazy. No shocker to anyone who knows me. I love being with my husband and pets. I don't like to give up my time with them. How incredibly selfish am I?

I have, in a lame attempt to alleviate my guilt, linked the charaties that I monetarily donate to in the lower-right hand corner. These truly are causes that I believe in. I also donate to the Boston Terrier Rescue of NC but I have them in my favorite links at the top left. I hope you'll take a look at them and maybe be moved to donate too.

Comments:
Perhaps you should read "The Purpose Driven Life." That chick in Atlanta did and now she is rich!
 
You know I have that book and just have never picked it up.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?