Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Amends

Since I've been on my Ewan kick & working my way through Scrubs Season 1, I haven't watched anything in the Whedonverse in a long time. So last night I plopped myself down to watch Amends. It's almost strange to go back to the high school days of the show - the sets were still so bad. But this episode had some really good writing in it and it set my heart to pitter-pattering. There were certainly episodes that were better from start to finish but this episode ended with a scene that encompassed all that was fantastic in the Buffy/Angel world - heart wrenching emotion.

Angel: It told me to kill you. You were in the dream. You know. It told me to lose my soul in you and become a monster again.
Buffy: I know what it told you. What does it matter?
Angel: Because I wanted to! Because I want you so badly! I want to take comfort in you, and I know it'll cost me my soul, and a part of me doesn't care.


Angel: It's not the demon in me that needs killing, Buffy. It's the man.

Angel: Am I a thing worth saving, huh? Am I a righteous man? The world wants me gone!
Buffy: What about me? I love you so much... And I tried to make you go away... I killed you and it didn't help And I hate it! I hate that it's so hard... and that you can hurt me so much. I know everything that you did, because you did it to me. Oh, God! I wish that I wished you dead. I don't. I can't.



Comments:
yes, one of my fav moments, though I'm a much bigger spike buffy fan, liked the groping going on at the club. That's my fav, ooohhhh and the carpet blanket at his crypt. That's REAL love.
 
did i tell ya before? I actually made my husband do his hair like spike, see? u and I are not that unalike, i too can fantasize.
 
My friend who got me hooked on Buffy is a Spike/Buffy fan too. I tend to go the route that directors/writers want me to and they wanted Spike & Buffy's relationship to be an unhealthy one. Therefore I never pulled for them. Although I do like Spike himself. James Marsters is an excellent actor and he is nice looking.

My husband's name actually is Angel.
 
no way! Angel? What a great name! Yeah, James Marsters is the best, can't sing though I tell ya, but LOVE the way he looks. He's so hot. *see you've got me squeeling like a schoolgirl now* I loved him and Dru in the early days, weren't they great together? I just think the whole "I did it for you and you never loved me" bit was uber romantic. I so badly wanted Buffy to realize he was the one.
 
I was planning on going to the dinner with him at a local convention centre (Trekkie convention), but he cancelled it to go on tour with his shitty band.....damn.
 
see? I can go on forever about him, like em skinny and pretty...that's my motto. Boreanaz is alright, but actually, I have seen him in interviews, and I think his real personality and beauty are nicer than his actor/angel persona....iow, he's better irl.
 
...oh and I was shocked...he should do some movies, I think he could actually be a serious movie actor.
 
Hi Rowan! It's okay, my friend Beth gets on the same James Marsters kicks! :) I think David Boreanaz was best when he was acting as Angelus. He's so good at being bad.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?