Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Summer Plans

Oh boy. The tv finales are drawing to a close. What shall I do with my time? I seriously need to get out of the house more.
Actually Hubby & I have started to play tennis. I'm having a lot of fun with it. I suck. Big time. BUT, I'm having fun. And that's the whole point, right? Right?! My problem is that I have a hard time not going hitting a ball like a baseball and therefore all my tennis hits are pop balls that go out to the left of the court. Poor Hubby. He's really tired of fishing the balls out of the brush. He said the chiggers are maddening in there. Go figure.
Now that tv is dull, I can concentrate on yard work. Well, maybe for another week or two. Once it's 200º outside - forget it! I do have plenty of plans for the inside of my house (I can hear Hubby's groan of irritation as I type). I LOVE to paint - which sounds crazy right? - but I do. I have so many plans to paint and make my own drapes, etc... Ya know, those home improvement shows are kinda dangerous. They make you believe that you actually have the talent to accomplish those tasks. I've never even touched a real sewing machine before and I want to make my own drapes? I guess it's true though - you gotta start somewhere. (Look at me, I've officially been inducted into the cliché hall of fame).
We have made a pact [Hubby & I] that we are going to start spending more family time not in front of the television, which can't hurt. We are planning on going camping soon and hopefully going to make some weekend trips to visit family & friends (Brunswick, GA; Greenville; Kingsport, TN). And all of these trips are things we can do with our dogs whom we really hate to leave behind.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?