Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Nostalgic 'Ol Me

I'm 27. I mean I'm 27! Should I have, like, half of my retirement savings by now? Should I be saddled down with kids? Should I already be well into my career that I decided long ago was my life goal?

Why didn't I grow up? I don't think of myself as 27 years old. I don't know why. I just don't. I still obsess over hunks on tv like I did as a teenager (thankfully my husband doesn't mind too much). I still really enjoy watching cartoons and sleeping with my teddy bear. I still fantasize about being a part of this dream world which is simply a tv show or a silly desire to be a singer.

I guess it has toned down a bit. I don't have Bop posters all over my house, but when I think of myself I honestly don't see 30 looming in the near future. Does this make me abnormal?

Confession of the day: I bought the Jem & The Holograms cartoon series on dvd. I watched them all. I enjoyed them all over again. It made me want to break out my dolls & cassette tapes that I have packed away.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?