Tuesday, April 12, 2005

CrystalPistol's Review

Watched Ladder 49 last night. It was very predictable and a bit boring at times but the acting was very solid and there were several cute moments. Joaquin Phoenix did a wonderful job capturing the youthful excitement of a man with his whole life ahead of him. The movie is supposed to take place over the course of 10 years though and John Travolta is the only one that visibly aged (and his was only a tiny bit). They should have made the characters hair styles change at least. Like I said, the story wasn't "wowing" but I get the impression it wasn't supposed to. It felt more like a tribute than an individual story.

I feel the pain of Milton today.



I sit in this "barn" (the best way I can describe our office). I feel smothered by the dark 70's paneling that is so warped our pictures fall down (one employee said "soon we're going to have a round office"). The broken molding, stained carpeting and general ugliness is overwhelming. I have a tiny sliver of a window but all I can see is the pavement straight below me (unless I want to lay down on the floor). Yet thru that tiny sliver I can see the glow of sweet sunshine. It beckons me. It says, "Don't work! Come outside and play! Enjoy me!"

Damn sun.


Comments:
Actually that was me saying "come outside and enjoy me!"
 
that's why I got the creepy feeling!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?